As spring approaches and the weather gets warmer in San Diego, you may want to explore some new hiking trails, and what better hiking buddy is there than your dog?! Grab the leash, put on your hiking gear, and get going! However, it is important to remember a few things when bringing your pup along.
- Extending the leash and letting your furry friend explore the area is great, but be careful of your surroundings because you might end up having to untangle him from trees and bushes.
- If you want to let him off the leash, first make sure it is allowed and that he will not run off. Even the most obedient dogs might run after something that catches their attention.
- Keep the leash nearby to clip onto your dog when passing by other hikers.
- Make sure your pup’s ID tags are current and attached properly.
- ALWAYS pick up after your dog! Other hikers don’t want to stumble across that.
- And last, but not least, make sure to bring a collapsible water bowl and to have enough water for both you and your furry friend.
Now that you’re fully prepared to bring your pup along for a hike, get out there and don’t forget to have fun!