FACE would like to thank one of our amazing WordPress friends—Samantha from samanthamurdochblog—for nominating the FACE Foundation blog for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award! Samantha’s blog is a must-read for all animal lovers. We think the photography is pretty awesome, too.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post). Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
- Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions:
What is your name?
Where are you from?
San Diego, California
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I’ve been the volunteer blogger for FACE for a little over 2 years. I first heard about the wonderful mission of the FACE Foundation to save beloved family pets from the tragedy of “economic euthanasia” by providing grants for life-saving veterinary care shortly after I moved to San Diego in 2014. I reached out to the fabulous Brooke and Danae at FACE about volunteering and they asked if I’d like to work on their blog. Never used WordPress or wrote a single blog post before, but I said sure and gave it a try. I’m now, of course, totally addicted!
What are you most proud of?
That I finally decided to follow my bliss and become a “real” writer after many years of thinking how much I’d like to make a career change and write for a living. I finally did it in my…ahem…40s and haven’t looked back since! I’ve made the transition from librarian to information manager to writer over the course of my career. Writing is definitely my favorite!
What are your blogging goals?
To continue my pro bono blogging for FACE for as long as they’ll put up with me. I also write website content (including blog articles) for some clients and hope to continue to expand my little freelance writing business. My husband and I also talk about starting our own plant-based, whole foods cooking blog, as we’re big believers in the Forks Over Knives lifestyle. He’s the chef, I’m just the writer.
How do you spend your free time?
Gardening, writing, reading, hanging out with my two cats, and continuing to explore my (relatively new) home of San Diego.
- Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
Just a few of our favorite pet/animal blogs:
https://purrandroar.com/ — One of the most fascinating, thoroughly-researched, and well-written blogs I’ve come across. Not just for cat people!
https://makingwavesoutreach.wordpress.com/ — Incredibly informative, up-to-the minute animal rights information for all concerned animal lovers.
https://hikinggirlwithdog.com/ — Heavenly photography and great inspiration to get out there and enjoy the big beautiful world with your dog.
https://photofinland.wordpress.com/ — Always makes me want to hop on a plane and visit Finland! Great animal and nature photography.
- Provide 5 random facts about yourself:
- I’m first generation Italian-American.
- I saw the events of 911 unfold in person from across the Hudson River in Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Back in the 70s we named the family cat after my favorite cartoon character Kimba the White Lion.
- My parents have been married for 67 years and counting!
- I’m kind of obsessed with naturalist David Attenborough.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here).
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.
You do not need to be nominated to make nominations!