Ivy was adopted 9 years ago by her “mom,” a self-employed woman living in La Mesa, California. Recently, Ivy suddenly got very sick. She was vomiting, wouldn’t eat or drink water, and was extremely lethargic.
After a veterinary visit, Ivy’s vet determined that she had a foreign body obstruction – she swallowed an object that needed to be surgically removed. The urgent costs were not something Ivy’s mom could fully afford, and the surgery needed to be done ASAP, so she reached out to FACE.
With help from our donors and supporters, we were able to quickly approve her application for a financial grant and get Ivy the surgery she needed to pull through.
As it turns out, she swallowed a peach pit! Her owner had no idea, as Ivy doesn’t usually get into things, but she is so grateful FACE was there at her time in need.
Best wishes to sweet Ivy and her mom!