Cute little Luna is a 13-week-old Border Collie mix who got sick after eating tree bark. Our partners at Ethos Veterinary Health were treating Luna when her dad (who works 2 jobs to help make ends meet) ran out of funds during her hospitalization.
A FACE grant enabled Luna to remain in the hospital for one more day of the oxygen therapy and supportive care she needed to survive.
We’re happy to report that Luna is now doing well and on her way to a full recovery.
Did you know that some tree bark is harmful to dogs? Here’s a list of plants that are toxic to dogs, from the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control website.
Why do some dogs love to eat tree bark? Here’s a short video that helps explain this common canine behavior: