An important animal awareness holiday happens in March: Pet Poison Prevention Month.
The ASPCA urges pet owners to be mindful of the following common pet poison hazards:
- Household cleaning products
- Pesticides (insect and rodent)
- Certain people foods
- Automotive products (like antifreeze)
- Medicines (human and pet, Rx and OTC)
- House and yard plants
- Certain flea and tick products
Feeling overwhelmed about what’s safe and what’s not? The ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center has created a free mobile app that covers the toxicity of hundreds of items. It includes pictures and other tools to help you identify what’s harmful to your pet.
Download the app HERE!