An emergency veterinary clinic on Long Island made the news recently when two dogs were brought in within an hour of each other, both in life-threatening choking situations from swallowed toys. One of the dogs had swallowed a tennis ball and the other one swallowed a rubber ball while playing. The staff performed a procedure … Continue reading External Extraction Technique (XXT) Helps Choking Dogs
This handsome fellow is a 2-year-old Pit Bull Terrier named Petey. Petey was bitten by a rattlesnake when out for a walk recently. Rattlesnake bites can be life-threatening emergencies for dogs. Unfortunately, Petey's dad was laid off during the pandemic and was unable to pay for his urgent veterinary care. The staff at San Diego's … Continue reading Meet FACE Success Story Petey!
This little bundle of fur is Alaska! He's an energetic 2-month-old kitten who unfortunately was accidentally stepped on and suffered a broken femur, not an uncommon mishap in small kittens and puppies. Alaska's dad had lost his job and was living on unemployment benefits at the time of the accident. He couldn't afford the cost … Continue reading Meet FACE Success Story Alaska
HR5261, known as the Paws Off Act of 2021, is making its way through the US House of Representatives. This act would amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to declare that foods containing xylitol would be misbranded if the label does not warn of the toxic effects of xylitol on dogs. Xylitol is … Continue reading The Paws Off Act of 2021 Aims to Protect Dogs from Xylitol Poisoning
This cute pup is a 7-year-old Shih Tzu named Knuckles! Knuckles had been experiencing weakness in his hind legs and was also acting less energetic than usual. He got some pain meds from his family vet but unfortunately, a few days later he was dragging his rear legs, which had become paralyzed. His mom rushed … Continue reading Meet FACE Success Story Knuckles!