Meet Jake! This adorable Lab got into the trash and swallowed a corn cob he shouldn’t have. It ended up making Jake terribly sick, and he needed surgery to remove it fast otherwise it could have been fatal. Jake’s mom was so saddened when she found out how much this emergency treatment would cost. A single unemployed woman, the sudden cost of the surgery was not something she could handle financially. She had previously adopted Jake from a service dog group who couldn’t use him in their program because he was a little too excitable, but she loved that about him. She couldn’t imagine having to put him down because she couldn’t afford the surgery. Thankfully, Veterinary Specialty Hospital of North County talked to her about FACE, who with their help was able to assist with Jake’s life-saving surgery. Special thanks to the Woltman Family for helping to save Jake.