This pretty kitty was found as a stray and taken in by her new adoptive mom. Her back leg seemed injured and a trip to her vet, A Cat's View Veterinary Hospital, confirmed that London had *two* fractured back legs and she also had sustained trauma to her tail, which required a partial amputation. London's … Continue reading Meet FACE Success Story London
Veterinarians at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University are advising pet owners to keep face masks out of reach of their dogs after seeing a rise in face mask ingestion cases. Dogs that swallow masks can experience life-threatening gastrointestinal obstructions. In one case, a young Labrador Retriever ingested two face masks. X-rays … Continue reading Vets Report Cases of Ingested Face Masks in Dogs
How sweet is Adonis? This handsome boy loves spending quality time with his human family. Recently he stopped being his usual energetic self. His veterinary team at Mohnacky Animal Hospital of Carlsbad found that he swallowed some bouncy balls that needed to be surgically removed. His family has been struggling with financial and health issues … Continue reading Meet FACE Success Story Adonis!
Veterinarians at the UC-Davis School of Veterinary Medicine have compiled a list of the plants most responsible for pet owner calls to their veterinary hospital about possible plant poisoning. These plants can be toxic to all or some companion animal species. The level of toxicity can vary by how much of the plant--and which part … Continue reading The 12 Most Common Plants that are Toxic to Pets
This happy pup is Jasmine! Jasmine is a one year old chiweenie (chihuahua dachshund mix). Jasmine became ill from a gastrointestinal obstruction when she ate something she shouldn't have recently. Her family was unable to afford the full cost of her life-saving surgery. With the help of a FACE grant, Jasmine was able to get … Continue reading Meet FACE Success Story Jasmine!